Join our Team!
Store Management Trainee: Twisted Goods Southcentre- Calgary, Alberta
We are currently looking for a full-time Store Management Trainee for our location at Southcentre Mall in Southeast Calgary. This position is meant to introduce the trainee to all areas of managing the staff and store before the potential step into to a full time Store Manager position. Candidates will ideally be available to start by the end of September, 2017.
About Twisted Goods:
Twisted Goods is an independently owned retail gift company with four store locations in Calgary and Saskatoon. Our products include gifts, home décor, personal accessories and more- and we keep a consistent focus on sourcing products that are local, sustainable, functional and beautiful. Our business is based on DIRECT input, effort and ideas from all team members – from the part-timers to the store managers.
As a gift company, we focus on having an identity centered around GIVING. We are looking for team members who find value in personal growth, helping others, and contributing to an atmosphere of positivity and productivity. At Twisted Goods, we are always asking ourselves how we can give to our customers, our teams, and the communities that we are part of.
We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset. With an extremely low rate of employee turnover, our goal is to find people for our teams who are not only qualified and capable, but who fit in with our company culture and values. These are people who can contribute to our success as a company, while also getting great opportunities to advance, learn and most of all, to enjoy coming to work every day.
As a Store Management trainee, you will be trained in all areas of Twisted Goods store management. This includes, but is not limited to leading your team of staff in all aspects of store operations and excellent customer service, managing store inventory, exceeding store goals, effective staff scheduling, overseeing store visual standards, communication with Head Office, and more. We will give you the training and tools that you need - and we strongly believe that the right candidate for this role is someone who will bring with them a wealth of previous knowledge and experience, and who will take charge of their own growth and success in this position. Our goal for you as a trainee of our Management team is to move you into a full-time, Store manager position within 4-6 months.
- Previous management experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Inventory management experience an asset
- Retail experience an asset
- University/college degree or equivalent experience an asset
You’ll know you’re right for our team because:
- you are a strong leader and take ownership of any role that you are in
- you thrive on overcoming challenges, and love to be constantly learning
- you are a great team-builder, and enjoy helping others succeed
- you are dedicated, self-motivated and a strong team player
- you are great at multi-tasking & prioritizing a variety of tasks
- you are a strong, clear and positive communicator
- you lead by example and create a positive atmosphere
- you have a passion to serve and assist customers
- you enjoy knowing the latest themes and trends in décor, gifts and fashion.
- you take pride in your professionalism and reflect it in your style and personal presentation
- you want to work for a local business that cares and will push you to be your best
- you have a contagious passion for great products and you want everyone from your team to your customers to know why
- you love people, and can work well with customers and fellow staff
The reasons you’ll know you’re home:
- We’ll train you on our computers and systems
- We’ll give you goals and targets to constantly challenge you
- We’ll give you reviews and great learning and advancement opportunities
- We’ll offer great compensation, paid vacation days, and lots of perks along the way
- We’ll offer health benefits, bonus opportunities, and more!
- You’ll be part of a team that values your input
- You’ll be supported and appreciated for all your hard work
How to Apply:
- Please email both a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
- Please note that applicants contacted for interview will be required to provide a minimum of three references, two of which must be from a current or previous employer.
Thank You for your interest in Twisted Goods! We look forward to hearing from you soon!